Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Goblin Garden



Crouching close together
In the cooling weather,
                                                              
 With clasping arms and cautioning lips,
With tingling cheeks and finger tips,

Beside the brook,

along the glen,

 I heard the tramp of goblin men.

They said, " Let us get home before the night grows dark;
For clouds may gather
Though this is summer weather."

But laughed every goblin
When they spied me peeping:

Came towards me mobbling,

Flying, running, leaping,

Puffing and blowing,

Chuckling, clapping and crowing!

For your sake I have braved the glen
And had to do with goblin men.

*
With apologies to Christina Rossetti's Goblin Market
*
And so before the next rainfall,
How many goblins have you seen in all?









1 comment:

...Nina Nixon... said...

What a lovely post and goblin men..oh my!

Nina x